Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cars.....suck...too bad I'm addicted to mine...

Seriously. 


These sort of moments always happen to me.


But, this is what makes life interesting, right?


So, on Sunday morning, I was driving to work. (Which by the way, was 5am. I have the early shift.)


So, I'm driving down the road, about 1 mile from my apartment, and my tire blows. 


Awwww. crap.


This sucks. 


So, I pull the car all the way to the curb, and I stop. 


Where are the hazard lights? Where's the freaking hazard light button?!?!


I can't find the hazard light button. 


Shoot. Well, it's probably okay, because, it's Sunday morning at 5:15 am. There's no one on the road anyway....


So, I call Aunt Denise, because I'm freaking out, and don't realize that it's really Sunday, and she is asleep and not awake like I am. I'm trying to get the spare out of the trunk, as she answers the phone and sits on the phone with me as I'm freaking out, and having a total brain fart where I can't remember how to change a tire. 


Who forgets how to change a tire? It's not like it's rocket science!


Oh, did I mention that I'm completely acclimated to Arizona climate? Because, on this Sunday, it is about 40 degrees and raining. And, I'm FREEZING! And, wearing a skirt. And have no jacket. 


So, I'm on the ground, working on getting the jack situated and manage to get the jack in the correct spot. 


I'm jacking the car up, and it's working just perfect.


Then, as I'm about to unscrew the first lugnut, the jack breaks, and the car comes back to the ground. 


I start to break down. Is this really happening? 


Luckily, Aunt Denise and Uncle Joseph come to my rescue. While I wait, I call back into work, telling them I'm going to be really late, if I can get my car back together.
After a complete breakdown moment with my boss on the phone, a police officer stops. (because I finally found the hazard light knob...that doesn't have a hazard light symbol on it. ugh.)


He tells me I can't be on the side of the road I'm on. 


I explain my whole predicament. I tried to change the tire 30 minutes before, but the jack broke, and I'm late for work, which is a 45 minute drive away, I'm cold, I'm hormonal, and I don't know what to do!
He tells me I need to move my car around the corner to the side street. He helps me move everything BACK into the trunk, and I move my car. 


Then, HE LEAVES!! HE LEAVES!

HE LEFT ME STRANDED THERE!!!! 



In the RAIN! 


COLD!

DARK!

ALONE!



Really, Mr. Police Officer? I thought you were nice.....


I cry. 




Then, Aunt Denise and Uncle Joseph save the day.
I get to work.
I work.
I go to WalMart and get a new tire...with insurance on it. 


The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment